Monday, April 20, 2009

Blue Monday


Today has been a bad day for Stella. Actually, it began last night, when her discomfort about going to bed at night seemed to escalate. She jumped out of bed once, and later, when we tried again, tensely settled down. She finally slept like a rock, and did not want to get out of bed in the morning. She could not eat breakfast, and got "stuck" outside. She freezes in one spot, can't seem to potty, and is very anxious when I bring her back in. There was more hiding in the bathroom closet. She was very upset when I took a shower, and stayed close by, moving from corner to corner in the bathroom. Later, she was able to sit on the couch and check email with me. When I returned from grocery shopping she was happy to see me, and she came downstairs and played with her toys outside. But I had to carry her in from the yard, and she immediately became too anxious to eat dinner. In this video, you can see that she finally eats when I move her bowl, but is circling uncertainly with her tail down, looking very stressed. I have given her another xanax, hoping she will be comfortable enough to go to bed without too much anxiety. Well, as I type, she's in the mood to play with her toys, so that's what I'm off to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment