Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Going Back to Work

I went back to work today after spring break, and Stella was not a happy camper! Well, neither was I, but Stella is the important one here. I had to hunt her down in the "garden" this morning. The garden is all of the dead matter that I did not clear out in the fall. Nothing is coming up yet, so it was easy to spot Stella's pink bow peeking out from behind a clump of straws that will be the obedience flower in the summer. Poor little girl was curled up there, ignoring me while I called her. She also hides in the garden when it's nice out, but today was not about hanging out in the shade of the plants. She was making herself into a tight little ball of dog. I had to carry her upstairs. She was able to take some food after expressing a bit of misery.

Now, at night, she is isolating herself. She comes down to eat and play, but unless I am holding her or interacting with her, she dashes upstairs and curls up on her favorite dog bed. If I want to see her, I bring my homework upstairs and Stella and Douce and I pile up in the big bed. She will lie under my arm at the computer, helping to check email and overseeing her blog.

3 comments:

  1. hey stella (and douce)-
    see you this weekend. maybe that will help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella is a strong little dog - she just has a couple of issues but she is working hard to get through them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brian! Can Stella come to your house on Saturday? Lisa plans to chip wood while the noise shy dog is visiting!

    ReplyDelete