Sunday, May 3, 2009

I had a farm in Cape Elizabeth . . .




for a weekend. The dogs and I went over to look after the minis and the horses for two days while their mom and dad were away for a quick vacation. Yesterday was beautiful! It was short-sleeves and sunscreen weather. The Shih Tzus played ball in the yard and went for a farm walk by themselves. Stella is so out of shape!! She's pretty pudgy, for her, and couldn't even make it around the farm without getting all out of breath. I had to carry her part way. SOMEONE is feeding her too much . . .

Roscoe the Min Pin was very needy and monopolized all of my lap time. It was great. I love that dog, and he never hugs me when his mom is around! Douce and Stella were a bit put out by this, but they made up for it at bed time when Mr. Roscoe had to sleep on the floor. Stella spent some time upstairs, but maybe a little more time downstairs with everyone else than she does at home. I don't see much difference in her behavior during this first week that she's been back on huperzine. She had a rough time on her farm walk this afternoon. There were lots of gun shots from the target range and she had her tail down and was worried the whole time. The sight of George perked her up momentarily, but the noise overcame her and she really tried to run home without us. I would really like to try a medication that worked better for her noise phobia.

Of course, once she got back the the house, she did not want to leave. She hid from me and I had to carry her out of and put her in the car. I feel so guilty for not being able to buy her her own farm!

It is so nice to watch the gold finches come back and the daffodils come up. Today I finally saw the mayflowers blooming on the edge of the woods, and the fiddlehead ferns are coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I think I pointed out the wrong flower. Mayflowers should have multiple blossoms, I think. Not a single one like that in the photo. I will have to ask Kathy, the Expert.

    Thank you for your awesome care of the minis! They were happy and relaxed!

    ReplyDelete