Friday, May 22, 2009

Insomnia??

Stella has been on buspar and generic clomipramine for three days--since Wednesday. The generic clomipramine comes in 25 mg capsules, so she's getting a bit more of that than she used to. There's so much powder in the capsules! I feel like I must be giving her 5 times as much medication as she got in the tiny Clomicalm pills, but I checked the capsule image online, and it is the 25 mg dose that she has. I think I'll try leaving some powder on the plate instead of mixing it all into the pill pocket.

On Thursday morning, she woke me up early. I think she had to pee after all the water she drank in agility class! For the last two nights, she has jumped out of bed in the middle of the night. Thursday, I got up and brought her back to bed. Last night, I left her alone until about 4, when I woke up missing her. I found her sleeping under the bed in the guest room. Maybe I should leave her where she is, but I like to have everyone in the bed. She stayed with me the rest of the morning. I'm not sure that there is any connection here to the change in drugs. It has been warm and a bit breezy for the past two nights, so the windows have been open and the curtains have been blowing. Maybe that keeps her awake.

She's still stressed in the morning, and skipping her breakfast. Her baby fat is gone and she looks very trim. Dr. Dodman says that the clomipramine can cause a loss of appetite. Her anxiety seems worse in the morning, though, and I think that's also why she is not eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment